Cult-Ur™ Tablets (Mercury-Free)
Stabilize Urine Specimens For Delayed Laboratory Examination of Urine
Maintains Bacterial Viability at Room Temperature Up to 72 Hrs.
- Eliminates refrigeration of urine culture specimens during storage or transit.*
- Prevents over-growth of U.T.I. bacteria in specimen.
Maintains Normal Growth and Chemical ID Characters of U.T.I. Bacteria
- Culture and Subculture growth characteristics are not altered.*
Minimizes Growth of Patient Introduced Contaminants
- Accidentally introduced contaminants won’t confuse results because levels are maintained for at least 24 hrs.
- False positives are virtually eliminated reducing the need for a second sample, and preventing needless patient anxiety.
Convenient To Use
- No messy or strong smelling liquids to dispense into tubes
The Cult-Ur™ Tablets are formulated for effective bacteriostatic action without altering the viability of typical urinary tract bacteria for culture and identification (no fluorides).
Stabilize Urine Specimens For Delayed Laboratory Microscopic Examination of Urine Sediment
Maintains* Red and White Blood Cells in Original Condition
- Prevents the usual rapid lysis of leukocytes to assure accurate confirmation of this key indicator of urinary tract infection.1
- Permits accurate counting and estimation of erythrocytes
Maintains* the Morphology of Typical Formed Elements in Urine Sediment Such as Casts, Crystals and Mucous Threads
- Morphology and staining characteristics of casts and cells are retained in original condition.
- Tablet dissolves completely and does not contribute any crystals to the sediment.2
* Protects unrefrigerated specimens circa three days.
Maintains* Most Urine Dipstick Chemistries
- Maintains most chemical constituents in urine for retesting by dipstick chemistry by preventing bacterial decomposition.
- Does not interfere with enzyme based dipstick chemistry tests, i.e. leukocyte esterase.3
At recommended levels urine pH is buffered to just under neutral, and specific gravity is raised 0.002.
*Maintains Other Chemistry Assay Components
- Does not interfere with certain TLC and RIA methods for assay of physiological marker compounds and drugs and their metabolytes.
The Stabilur® tablets contain a proprietary mixture of buffering and osmolality adjustment ingredients, plus agents which produce a minute quantity of several bacteriostatic chemicals sufficient to prevent bacterial degradation of urine constituents, without interfering with most analyses. Shelf life is 5 years from date of purchase.
- Depending on osmolality and pH of the urine, up to 90% of unstabilized leukocytes are lysed in as little as 2.5 hours at elevated room temperature. Even at 4 degrees C, 50% may be lost in that time.
- Wait until the tablet has completely dissolved before centrifuging the sample (approx. 30 min. +).
- Validated on Ames (Division of Miles Laboratories) and Boehringer Manheim chemistry dipsticks: November, 1986.